Current Job Postings
All CalPERS Investment Office positions require passing an examination. Please see the examination section below.
CalSTRS’ 2019 Diversity in the Management of Investments Report and is hiring an Investment Diversity Manager. CalSTRS recently published its 2019 Diversity in the Management of Investments Report. The report is available on the CalSTRS website.
The report contains information about CalSTRS Investment Branch’s Inclusion and Diversity efforts, portfolio company engagement, information on CalSTRS’ asset class approaches in working with emerging managers, and other efforts CalSTRS takes to advance diversity and inclusion in the investment industry.
CalSTRS is recruiting for an Investment Diversity Manager. The position will serve as the point person on internal and external diversity and inclusion efforts for CalSTRS Investments. The person will work for the Deputy CIO and with CalSTRS Investments Branch leadership in order to expand and manage the diversity of external investment managers, organize events that promote diversity in the broader investment industry, and facilitate our relationships with industry affinity groups. Deadline is January 30, 2020.
Mother Cabrini Health Foundation (Cabrini Health Foundation), based in New York City, is a newly created foundation as of July 2018; it is one of the city’s largest charities and the largest one dedicated solely to state causes. The foundation was created by the Catholic Diocesan Bishops of New York State, using the proceeds from the sale of the nonprofit health plan, Fidelis Care of New York (a nonprofit established in 1996 by the Catholic bishops of NY State), to publicly traded Centene Corporation, the largest Medicaid managed care organization. Mother Cabrini Health Foundation is named for Sister Frances Xavier Cabrini (born in Italy in 1850), who emigrated to New York, where she provided social assistance to Italian immigrants. She was canonized as a saint in 1946. The foundation is an independent and secular organization that will seek to transform the lives of underserved New Yorkers from all corners of the state and set a national model for addressing the health and wellness needs of low-income communities of every color, religion, and background.
The mission of the Cabrini Health Foundation is to improve the health and wellness of the poor, disabled, disadvantaged, elderly, and underserved people of New York State and their families by engaging in, promoting, sponsoring and supporting activities, programs and initiatives that enhance access to affordable quality healthcare and healthcare-related services and address the unmet healthcare and healthcare-related needs of communities across New York State, including, in each case, the Social Determinants of Health, consistent with the ethical principles, tenets and teachings of the Roman Catholic faith.
The Foundation is hiring for an Investment Analyst position which requires 1 – 4 years of experience.
Muller & Monroe Asset Management – Sales and Marketing Analyst
M2 is a diverse-owned boutique private equity firm, based in Chicago founded in 1999. We focus exclusively on small and emerging lower middle market private equity. Our core platform targets buyout, growth equity, distressed, and special situation funds raising less than $1 billion but typically between $100 million and $500 million. The firm currently manages approximately $1.2 billion on behalf of several public pension plans in IL, NY, CT, and CA.
The candidate does not have to have private equity or financial services experience. Key responsibilities would include research, database management, completion of questionnaires and RFPs, presentation development, and some administrative duties. Looking for someone with a college degree and 2 – 4 years of work experience.
M2 SALES & MARKETING ANALYST KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- SALES, MARKETING, & CLIENT SERVICE DUTIES
- Research potential sales targets for M2 in the Preqin database
- Prepare target review packages that includes a Preqin profile, a list of board members, and board meeting minutes (as available)
- Update Salesforce.com database with Sales & Marketing activities conducted by band members including meetings, phone calls, and other relevant notes for tracking
- Manage the completion of RFPs, RFIs, and questionnaires
- Help prepare marketing materials including flipbooks, executive summaries, and other documents for meetings and presentations
- Research press and other news sources for relevant information on potential sales targets for M2 products
- Update M2 firm information in consultant databases
- Update client contact notes
- Research, document, and track board meeting minutes for all clients and key sales targets
- Track conference attendance and M2 sponsorship
- Maintain client data rooms using Intralinks
- ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES
- Manage the Sales & Marketing calendar for meetings, conferences, and speaking engagements
- Proactively track upcoming meetings and prepare the appropriate senior band member with documentation (presentation materials, news, biographies, other files and handouts)
- Print and bind presentations and other documents
- Ensure conference room is set for all sales, marketing, and client service-related meetings, along with clean-up afterwards
- Execute general office administrative duties, as required
Information and Examinations for all CalPERS open positions
Go to the CalPERS website for information on working at CalPERS and specific job openings. For general information on investment position classification (duties, minimum qualifications, salary, etc.) select from the links above. All CalPERS Investment Office positions require passing an examination, which you may access by choosing a link above and scrolling down. Exams are training and experiential in nature. Review your resume prior to taking an exam and answer completely and honestly.
Examinations have recently changed in most classifications. To successfully apply for an open position candidates must pass the most recent required exam. If you are unsure of your examination status check CalHR.
Questions on CalPERS job openings or the CalPERS recruitment process may be addressed to Alison Li at Alison.firstname.lastname@example.org, Carrie Douglas Fong at email email@example.com, or Gabe deMesa at email Gabriel.deMesa@calpers.ca.gov or by phone 916-795-3836.